Tuesday, August 11, 2009

If you are part of a wedding party, do you purchase the bride and groom a wedding present?

I am a groomsmen in my buddy's wedding, and I am unsure if I'm supposed to buy him and the bride a wedding gift. What is the proper etiquette with this?


Yes, even if it is a card with money in it. For a new bride and groom, this can actually be the best gift of all!

Yes, you are. Check out their registry for ideas.

It's always a nice gesture to give a wedding gift IF you can afford it and want to give one.

yes you should because you are a guest and when you are invited to a wedding you buy a gift.

well my husband was the best man in a wedding last spring and the groom went crazy with what the guys whore of course they rented the suits and that was not expensive it was like 100 dollars but he wanted all the guys to wear a certain pair of shoes that cost 500 dollars than he had 2 bachelor parties that my husband chipped in for both. Then several weeks before the wedding i told my husband to call his friend because I still did not get my invite so he called his friend and he said it was on the way I never got it. So I called the bride which is also a very close friend of my husband and she gave me the address to the venue since I never got the invite I go separate from my husband because he was in the wedding and they were taking pictures and stuff and I get there and that was not even where the wedding was at I ended being 1hr away from the wedding so I went and they had me sitting at table 20 and I know my husband would be at the head table but everyone in the weddin
g spouse or dates sat at tables 4 and 5 right behind the very immediate family but I was over 200 people away from my husband I sat with her co workers. So since I was treated so bad I went right to the gift table and put it right back in my car. My husband was mad but since I married my husband I always welcomed them in my house and it seemed like they did not even want me there

Of course you buy them a wedding gift. If you do not want to buy a gift get a card and put some cash in it.

yes of course get all the bridial party to gether and put money in and so it pays for the wedding night in a motel

I'm planning my wedding so Ive googled a lot LOL but I can assure you that you have obligation to buy him or pay anything of the wedding. BUT as a friend and a groomsman I understand that you can give them a gift. Anything you desire. Doesn't have to be something specifically for the wedding, its your decision... GOOD LUCK!

yes but it's customary for the bride and groom to buy gifts for the grooms men and brides maids.

Yes you should

Yes. You would purchase them a gift, just as you would as a close friend at another wedding.

Yes you do. It sounds like a lot when it comes to the wedding party but a gift is still nice.

When I was a maid of honour for my cousins wedding I bought a shower gift and a wedding gift. I'm now in the Bride position and while giving a gift is a nice gesture I totally understand if my bridal party choose not to. It can be expensive being in the wedding party and I'm just happy they took the time to help us out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bride © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner