Friday, August 28, 2009

Does the Father of the Bride wear the same color tie as the groom or the groomsmen?

Groom is wearing champagne tie, groomsmen wearing green. Which color does Father of the Bride wear?


I'm not sure... I would have him match either...

For my wedding, I'm having my Groom in white with a black tux and my Groomsmen are wearing blue (tie and vest) with a black tux... For my Father, however, I will have him in a crisp black tux, with black bowtie... I think it's very sharp looking and will still blend nice with the rest of the party.

What if the Father wears a darker shade of champagne?

My husband wore a black tie, and the groomsman wore aquamarine to match the wedding colors. My dad and father in law wore charcoal grey colored ties. I really liked it because I wanted my dad and father in law to stand out from the wedding party.

I would go with the champagne color, sets the groom & your father apart as the two men in your life.

Or you could go with another neutral color going with your color scheme.

Normally the Father of the Bride and Father of the Groom wear the same thing the groomsmen and best man are wearing.

The Groom is normally the one that is different... just like the Bride. You wouldn't want the Mother of the Bride and Mother of the Groom to wear a white dress like you, would you? It's pretty much the same thing to think about when it comes to that. That's why the Father of the Bride and Father of the Groom normally wear what the groomsmen are wearing. The Mother of the Bride and Mother of the Groom don't wear the same thing the bridesmaids are wearing though.. so don't think that. lol They can wear similar colors though if they wanted to.

You don't HAVE to have the Father's match the groomsmen though. You could have them wear a different color than the Groom and the Groomsmen so you can tell them apart from the wedding party. I've known of people doing that.

For my wedding, the mothers are going to wear a different color altogether, but colors that actually go with the wedding. My bridesmaids are going to wear black and white polka dot with a hot pink sash and the mother's are going to wear colors that go with hot pink. I'm not sure what the fathers are going to wear yet.. I know I'm not going to have them wear the same tie my fiance is wearing though.

He can wear whatever, but he usually matches you, not the other guys.

I would have him wear the same color as the groom. sets him apart from the younger guys in the wedding party.

That is totally up to you. My dad matched me vs. the groom or best man. You do whatever you feel looks good...there are no set rules anymore :)

No. He wears a nice business suit - his choice of tie - maybe to match your mom's dress if they want to go that way.

My dad is wearing platinum. Best man- dark purple vest/tie. And groom- white vest/tie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bride © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner