Saturday, August 29, 2009

What is a nice plus size Stepmother of the bride dress?

Hi, I am a XL but because I have a broad back I need to go up a size

and talior the rest of the garment. I am looking for a young/hip mother of the bride dress ( age appropratie 48 ). This will be a beach wedding but the reception will be at a country club. It will be a long day so I really need to be comfortable


Being an XL lady myself, I would suggest a two piece something. Usually far more comfortable than a full dress and gives you more movement in the body too.

Perhaps a three quarter length skirt (to avoid sand and water marks) and a nice top, not too low cut.

Blues, Greens or Silver/Grey are usually good colours for mothers/ step mothers of the bride, with pewter or silver sandals.

I really like the ones at Nordstroms; some are formal, some semi-formal. They have some very young, hip looking dresses...just be sure you don't wear white or off white. You don't want to compete with the bride.

I wish you well and have a ball at the wedding!

try lane bryant, Roamans Plus Sizes, Catherine's Plus Sizes, Sears, Avenue, Fashion Bug - good luck

Well you can go to next eve. aia love the dresses there and you can do an exact size

Try MACY'S!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bride © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner