Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What is the standard for bride and groom gifts on the wedding day?

I thought the groom was supposed to get the bride a gift. Is the bride also supposed to get the groom a gift?


Why would you want standard? Try something unique, like an iMemoryBook.

I was trying to decide what to give my roommate for his wedding present. After seeing iMemoryBook I came up with a great idea. I convinced Derek and Wendy to write "He said...She said" stories about the way they met and the way they got engaged. Then using iMemoryBook's invitation system I sent invitations to all of his family and friends, in Utah, and all of her family and friends, in California. Then I watched the wedding memory book grow online. I was amazed at how smoothly this book grew with the iMemoryBook system. Over 70 people got online, viewed and contributed to the book. The final book had over 200 photos, 75 entries(memories), and 100+ pages, iMemoryBook has helped me create something I wouldn't have even imagined possible.

My husband and I liked the idea of exchanging gifts prior to our wedding, so we agreed on a set amount and went about getting a special gift for each other. I got him a video camera (which we needed) and taped a message for him to watch before the wedding, and he got me a crystal figurine I had been eyeing for months. It was really exciting when one of his groomsmen delivered the gift to my room, and it's one of my most cherished pieces because of the "history" behind it.

It's not a very common tradition, and it was created by stores who wanted brides to buy more stuff. I think that dedicating your life to each other is the best gift. My husband and I did not exchange gifts. We saw it as more money, more work, more planning, etc.

It isn't a requirement, just a nice gesture...the bride and groom will usually get each other a gift, if it is within the budget. It could be anything from jewelry to monogrammed items and beyond...

If you're following that tradition, yes, they are supposed to give each other a gift.

My husband and I decided that marriage, and our rings, were gifts enough for us.

My husband and I met at sunrise at one of our favorite places the morning of our wedding to exchange love letters. It's one of the most precious gifts (and memory) I have of my wedding day. We also bought each other a watch and had them each engraved with our names and wedding date. We gave those to each other at the rehearsal dinner the night before so we could both wear them during the ceremony.

the groom is already got you a gift, THE RING. the gift on the wedding day is the gift that you two will be togethet for ever. dont waste your money on stupid little ****. remember the real meaning of your wedding day.

rings I thought

and there is a strange ritual in the US in which the bride and groom feed cake to each other

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bride © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner