Thursday, August 20, 2009

Where is the bride's purse when she is walking down the aisle?

I'm wondering where to put mine. I haven't seen the maids hold any purses. Where is the bride's purse when she is going about her day? Any tips on what to put in it besides lip balm, tissue, extra makeup?


your maid of honor or one of your bridesmaids can carry it...there is nothing against them carrying purses, as long as it isnt too big.. if not, you can ask your best friend to carry it and give it to you after the church ceremony...also your mom can carry it... you must have a handkerchief... with all that's happening, you might sweat a little. i am against tissue because when you wipe your face with tissue, bits of it might stick to your make-up... better be on the safe side...and a hanky is more ecological...

I was under the impression that brides and their bridesmaids don't carry a purse. If you need anything, have your mom carry it in hers.

And also, bring an emergency safety kit. The last wedding I went to, the bride was just about to start walking down the aisle, and the back of her dress broke and her dad was screwed trying to find someway to make a quick fix. (She had a backless dress, and it came together at the top of her shoulders with a small button.) Luckily, someone came in late and could help him out. But were standing there for a few minutes waiting on her. So have your dad or whoever is going to walk you down the aisle stick a safety pin, thread, needle, whatever you might need to make a quick fix to your dress.

From being in a ton of weddings - easiest and safest place for members of bridal party to stash purse - have the male carry - can be tucked into the cumberbund strap in the back, under tux jacket - must be a flat purse. Bridesmaids should also consider possible needs of bride, they bring extra for bride - (Dont mean to be crass here but - bring feminine prodduct) Safety pins (a brides train was stepped on - ripped back of dress), hair clips, full make - up kit, cloth and spray for stains etc. Usually - best is for bridal party to have an overnight size bag that can be stashed in the brides room (lots of reception places will give a mall prep room), or in a car.

Maybe the person who is giving her away has her stuff in his pocket. Maybe she leaves it in the car. Maybe it is down her bra. Well, where is her mobile phone, tissues, housekeys, lippy, mirror, mints, business cards, pen and paper in case she meets a better guy and wants his phone number? I hadn't thought about all this till you mentioned it. Maybe that is why some brides wear big meringue wedding dresses, to hide the saddlebags full of stuff she needs. The Queen always has a handbag and I have often wondered what was in it. It never is a shoulder bag and sometimes she looks awkward carrying it on her forearm. I am sure Princess Di used to have shoulder bags which are easier to handle.

The last wedding I was involved in, the mother of the bride (a long term friend) told me one of the ushers would be delivering a large, nondescript tote bag to me before the ceremony and said "Protect it with your life." It had her purse and the purses of the bride and her bridal party. I kept it in the pew with me and no one worried about purses going missing from the dressing room.

When I was in my friends wedding (her bridesmaid) she didn't bring anything but the dress and veil. But us Bridesmaids? That's a different story. We had BAGS AND BAGS of things that she might need (seriously, the back of our car was STUFFED). Every type of cosmetics imaginable, Bras, Curling Irons, Straightening Irons, Bobby Pins, Safety Pins, etc. You name it we had it. We had to put all of our stuff in the brides dressing room. Every wedding I have been in or been to, the bride always had a dressing room where she got ready with her bridesmaids and maid of honor, so I suppose if the bride wanted to bring her purse she could put it there during the ceremony.

Seriously though, if its your big day, let your bridesmaids handle bringing the purses and everything. They won't mind. That's what they are there for. To make your big day go as smoothly and easily as possible for you.

If it's your big day, you don't need anything to bring with you except your bouquet of flowers. Just leave your purse to someone you could trust to like your mom, or maid of honor or closest friend. I had my sister's purse during her wedding day. I was her maid of honor back then. Good luck! c",)

Anything she would need to pay for is now the responsibility of that guy standing next to her. Unless it is a "no on prop 8" marriage, then they go dutch, and it is common to see two girls with purse in hand, getting married.

I was a bridesmai and i had a purse. And My sister who was getting married put all her stuff in my purse. and i held it with two hands in front of me whilst i was walking. and the bride was holding her flowers just (: Hope this helped...

Her Mom is holding anything she needs. What's not in the bride's purse will be in Mom's - trust me. When my daughter-in-law married my son, I had everything she needed. She didn't have a purse with her.

i think the mom is supposed to hold it. I am not sure but i didnt carry one because i didnt want to hold it or let anyone else have that burden.

i think that whatever u need in u re big day u should leave it with u re mom and i feel happy for who ever is getting marry be happy to it is going to be a big day

I'm not bringing a purse with me. My mom can carry anything I may or may not need.

The dressing room!

Or with your mommaa.

in her bra! lmfao.

lol good ?

put it in ur jean's pocket................................DU…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bride © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner