Sunday, August 16, 2009

What are some other songs to walk down the aile with besides the traditional here comes the bride?

I am thinking going with the traditional here comes the bride but I was also wanting to know what are some good love songs with meaning that could also work to walk down the aile? I am up for anything, any kind of music, give me what you got and we will see if I like it. I think different would be good but I will see. Thanks for your ideas. I appreciate it.


You can walk down the asil to anything you want. I had a friend that walked down the isle to Nitty Gritty Dirt Bands "Fishin in the Dark".

I like Enya's Only Time and will be using it for my bridal party to walk down to.

Also, I wasn't sure if I liked the traditional, loud orchestra version of "Here comes the bride" and was reconsidering having that playing as I walk down the aisle, until I found this.

http://www.pianoreimagined.com/song_info.php?id=290#

This is the instrumental piano version of here comes the bride, and it brought tears to my eyes. Also, this artist has a ton of great instrumental music on this website, play around and I'm sure you'll find the music you love.

Good luck and congratulations on your wedding! =)

EDIT: I just listened to the lyrics of Only Time, they're a little bit depressing for a wedding....check out the instrumental version of Etta James' At Last on the website I posted. Beautiful! I'm thinking that for the processional now.

Anything you want. It can even have lyrics. However if you are getting married in a church, you may be limited to religious music found only in their hymnal. Many churches actually don't allow the "Here Comes The Bride" song because not only is it not religious but the composer was anti-Semite.

Well, I am walking down to a song by Israel Kamakawiwo Ole' . It is a mixture between somewhere over the rainbow and wonderful world. It is so beautiful. I am having a beach wedding but I am sure it would be just as nice for an inside wedding. Here is the link so you can listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzYJrWnWF-I

I always wanted to walk down the aisle to Bryan Adams' Here I Am. Unfortunately my ex didn't agree. Maybe next time I can :) I think I walked down to a nice, easy classical piece (our pianist picked the music) but not the traditional March. Good luck and best wishes!

If you want to make it humorous, try these

"Don't you know no good"

"Chain of Fools"

"Better Be Good To Me"

"I Must Be A Better Woman Or A Bigger Fool"

"Muskrat Love"

"Love Will Keep Us Together"

"You Can't Hurry Love"

"Just My Imagination"

"You Fooled Me"

"This Is It"

"What's Wrong With Me And You"

"Love Misunderstanding"

"Don't You Wish Your Girlfriend Was Just Like Me"

"Its My Turn"

"Staying Power"

"Never In Your Lifetime"

"Oh Lord Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood"

"Shake Me Wake Me, When Its Over"

Im having a gothic wedding on Halloween and I am walking down the aisle to Midnight Syndicate's "Dr. V's Theme". It's beautiful...but haunting.

Here is their myspace if you'd like to listen to Dr V's Theme.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=7558604

I recently stumbled across this website and find it really helpful http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-songs/bride-entrance-music

They have whole lists of wedding songs for everything you can imagine.

Good luck!

"Sea of Love" by Cat Power

Acoustic guitar version of "At Last" by Etta James

"Ode to Joy"

"Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring"

Acoustic guitar version of "Canon in D"

first part of this song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=351yTR29B7Q

I used another traditional song, "Canon in D."

I am walking in to a string quartet version of "Sweet Child O' Mine" (original by Guns N' Roses).

I love Gn'R and without words & done by a string quartet, even my very strict church-going Mom liked the tune : )

I got married walking down the aisle to Shania Twain's from this moment, the words are beautiful and was everything the day meant for us x

I went down the aisle to "ALl I ask of YOu" from Phantom of the Opera.

Look up the lyrics. Very beautiful words for a wedding.

I absolutely loved Pachelbel - Canon D. You can search it on youtube and listen to it there

I used songs from the Braveheart soundtrack for my maids and myself to walk down the aisle to. The music is beautiful.

Khia, My Neck, My Back

or

Rebecca Lynn Howard - Forgive

or

Kina, Girl from the Gutter

What could go wrong!

i wanna be your wifey

but it's quite fast

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bride © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner