Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I sponsored a wedding shower and the bride cancelled the wedding 1 week before the wedding.?

I learn ed that there were numerous premarital problems long before I started planning the shower. The bride and her mother never informed me of the problems but let me go ahead and put on the shower knowing full well that they had serious doubts about the marriage. I feel like I was taken for granted. If I had of known of all the problems, I would never have given the shower. Should the bride be required to re-pay me for the $600.00 dollars I spent on the shower?


Hosting a party is a gamble at best. And unfortunately the bride and groom called off the wedding, leaving you feeling angry.

I'm not sure they should be required to repay you. However, if they offer you can certainly accept their money. But I'm assuming these people have lost so much money themselves and the emotions are so out of control that they aren't even thinking about expenses that other people invested.

You showed the bride you cared for her. But now you have given her a shower. IF and when the wedding does take place, you are under no obligation to give her a shower or gift. If she ends up marrying another guy in the future, again you are under no obligation to give her a shower or a gift. You've done your part.

Please understand that it's unfortunate, but things like this happen. Whether or not you ask for money from the bride and her mother depends on how much you value their friendship I guess. Personally I would try to let it go and realize I had learned an unfortunate lesson. One lesson is that these people weren't upfront with you about their doubts. So just don't depend on them for anything serious because now you're learned more about the way they handle things.

...and if a couple marries, then divorces a few years later do you insist they return the wedding gift you gave? re-imburse you for all your wedding expeneses? (new outfit, shoes, transportation, etc)

Jeeze, Hon..if the wedding was still ON during the time the shower was given, and cancelled AFTER the shower then no, you have no right to ask for any kind of refund.....and the 'pre-marital' problems between any couple is none of your d@mn business...just because you're hosting a shower doesn' t give you rights to peek into the personal lives of the bride & groom.....wow, do you have a pair........

My take on it is this. The gifts she was given at this bridal shower are expected to be returned to the giver, since the marriage didn't happen. All gifts are to be returned to anyone that gave them....That being said, you hosting the shower was a gift. Darn right I think you should get your gift (money) back.

If there is anyway that you can return or get your deposits back try. It's considered to be somewhat of a gift to through the party and the bride usually doesn't pay. If you feel that you are entitled to some of the money back (which I think you are) then simply try to resolve that with the bride and mother. But be cautious because she may be in a fragile state. Good Luck!

first, i am assuming that you were the maid of honor if you hosted the party, so with that being said... you should be ashamed.. you must not understand what if feels like to have your life ripped apart and then have to tell each and every friend and family member that you fiance' is a jerk and you are not getting married after all... show some compassion regardless of your role.

I think you should ask her for a portion of that money in return. It was a shower for her and she reaped the benefits and is now not getting married. I think that you should politely let her know how you feel about the situation. If that does not work out I suggest civil court.

That is a tough question. I think it would be a nice gesture for the bride to offer some kind of repayment. I think it would be rude to request it. Basically if you threw the shower you are her friend in theory. So you should probably focus on her right now.

Its a tough decision - I think you should definately brings up your concerns with the ex-bride, but I dont think you could actually make her pay you back..hopefully if you talk to her about it, she will offer.

You hosted the party knowing there was premarital problems. I don't think you are entitled to the money back.

It could have happened to anyone!

maybe she didn't know at that time. They often doubt long before calling it off.

Do NOT ask for the money. its very rude. You hosted it, you pay.

Nope! Why should she? You weren't forced to throw the party, you chose to...

You chose, your lost, your bad...

No she's not required to re-pay you.

Jeeze.

Sure. Send her an invoice, you b*tch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bride © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner