Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Bride threw her bouquet and it hit the ceiling causing it to fall on the floor?

while all the ladies were staring at it, I just decided to pick it up. Is that okay or should I have waited? Maybe the Bride wanted to throw it again?


NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Bouquets hit the floor ALL the time, and women wrestle each other for them. It doesn't matter. They were all just wondering what to do like you because that normally doesn't happen. you luckily, were there to move past any awkwardness that could have been had no one went for it.

The exact same thing happened when my sister threw her bouquet..except she broke a chandelier in the process! The bouquet was surrounded by broken glass and I tip-toed through it to get the bouquet.

No one though it was impolite...everyone (including my sister, the bride) thought it was hilarious, the lengths I was willing to go to for the bouquet.

You know what? It worked. I met my husband 2 months later and was the next to get married. :) Good luck!

You could have picked it up and offered the Bride the chance to throw it again or offered it to the brides Mother or new Mother-in-law. As far as I know there is no set protocol for this situation.

The bride's bouquet is fair game once it leaves her hands, no do overs. If you're single, that was appropriate. No worries.

I'm surprised eyes didn't get clawed on the rush down to the floor! Nope- you got it fair and square!

If the bride hits the ceiling with it, it's very bad luck for her. Usually means she will get cancer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bride © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner