Monday, August 31, 2009

Groom not wearing suit to wedding reception bride will have on wedding gown?

Is it okay that groom is not wearing a suit. Having a small ceremony and reception the following weekend. Bride will be wearing a wedding gown but groom choose not to wear a suit just dress slacks shirt and tie - is this unusual and is it okay.


I think he should wear a jacket. He's already wearing the shirt, tie, and dress pants. May as well wear a blazer.

If the wedding was casual, I guess it could work. But the bride is wearing a gown. He will look silly next to her.

In any event, I guess if the bride is ok with it then it doesn't matter.

It's not unusual. It's nice and dressy, and I'm a huge supporter of doing what you are comfortable with on your day. I don't think anyone should be uncomfortable on his or her wedding day because they are wearing what is traditional, but doesn't feel that great, or the feel idiotic in. I searched LONG and HARD for a dress with sleeves that were not made out of lace and were not constricting. I had even suggested to my FH that he wear just a suit, not a tux, and he told me No, he wanted to wear an Armani tux. It what your guy wants, and if he wants to forgot the penguin suit, kudos! :)

Why not change your dress for a skirt and a shirt. and have a Bar b que for a reception.Had friends who were truck drivers in the 80's who wore jeans and madras plaid shirts with cowboy boots for their wedding in the trailer of their truck and had a bbq for reception then climbed into the truck when they left to go pick up their load. Their wedding cake was trimmed with all different color silk wild flowers.

That's what I'm thinking about for my wedding. My maids will be able to pick out their own dresses (within a certain color palette) and the guys will be in dress slacks, button down shirts, blazers and ties (also all within a certain color palette).

And I definitely plan on wearing a beautiful gown! As long as everything is clean, neat and comfortable, I really don't care what they're wearing.

It may look a little "odd" if the bride's gown is a big puffy or lacy or long trained gown. My brother wore dress pants and a short sleeve shirt, and when my nieces took his fiance dress shopping they got her in a long dress (Straight, short train... still almost "semi formal") and it still looked amazing because the colors they were wearing went well together.

If the couple is comfortable with it....HOORAY!

The important thing is that they're celebrating their marriage!!!!

If it's your wedding, CONGRATULATIONS!

Yes, it is unusual, but become more of the norm. It is completely fine. I wore a wedding dress and my husband wore dark khaki green pants with a white shirt. The grooms men wore the same pants with a cream colored shirt and my bridesmaids wore tea length dresses but they were bridesmaids dresses. Everything looked great together!

How dressy is the dress? If it's nto a big formal gown then that's finfe. Otherwise it's still fine but it'll look a little out of place.

I guess its ok if it is only a small casual wedding. The groom could make a bit of effort though and at least wear a suit jacket. Even if he doesn't wear a tie he will look smart.

he will look off. why wont he just wear a tuxedo for a couple of hours.

It's your day so it's fine.

no problem with that

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bride © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner