Saturday, August 22, 2009

Why is my first edition copy of Father of the Bride orange and not blue?

I have an unusual first edition copy of Father of the Bride copyrighted in 1948, 1949. All the other copy's of this book that I have found are covered in blue buckram, boarded cloth stiffened by glue. My copy is in a redish orange buckram and I haven't been able to find anything like it. Any ideas why my copy is this color?


Back in the old days first editions were all done in different colors as they usually couldn;t find enough good quality material in the same colors to print the amount of books they wanted to therefore they ended up multi colored. I wouldn't be surprised if someone else has a brown one or a yellow one (most common colours for back then,)

Another reason is it the jacket or cover could have been broken and mended differently than the original or it is a fake.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bride © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner