Monday, August 31, 2009

What does the father of the bride say at the wedding?

My daughter is getting married in a few months. I will give her away. After the Pastor asks "Who gives this bride away?", I will say that I do. I would like to say something afterwards. What can I say to the groom as I give her away?


Well, you will say the "I do" or "her mother and I do", but just add a little sweet sentence to your daughter after you kiss her, something like "I love you" or "I'm so proud of you" or "you look beautiful." Those will mean the world to her.

"congratulations", "i couldn't ask for a better son-in-law" or if you wanted to be funny but clear it with your daughter first "thanks for taking her off my hands" " i wish you luck" LOL although as I said clear it with the bride first!!!!

Some say, Her mother and I do. And you could add whatever best expresses your feelings--And we know you will love and cherish her. Or We know she's in good hands with Allstate! Or something of that nature.

You say "I Do" or "Her Mother and I do" or Her Mother and Father", then kiss your daughter and shake his hand. At this point you can whisper something privately to them very quickly like "Take good care of her", but you shouldnt make some public speech. The spotlight should be on the two of them, not you.

Good luck!

one could give a hug and kiss, she is your's now, he is your's now according to what parent you are

The most memorable thing that my dad said at my wedding was "WOW!" when he saw the caterer's bill.

You don't give a speech during that time, it's inappropriate. The spotlight is on your daughter, not what you have to say (sorry to sound blunt).

If you want to say something, you make a toast during the reception.

If you give a speech during the "give her away" ceremony, it totally breaks the flow of the wedding (and it's pretty selfish, from a bride's point of view).

Good luck

say...her mother and i ....then say to the groom....i am pleased to have you as a son in law and we welcome you to our family...thats not tooooo cheesy is it??? then shake his hand and hug him

i would say " I do" then turn and kiss my daughters cheek. grad the grooms hand, say "Since her birth, I have been the most important man in her life. Today, I step aside knowing that you will be that man from this day forward."

My father-in-law said " Her mother and I do, and you cant give her back!" Everyone got a great laugh out of it. It was a nice change from the "traditional serious" wedding ceremony... Of course, he would take her back in a second, but I have kept her now for 15 years.

That's a nice thought. How about something like "Joe, it is with great honor that I entrust my daughter to you and welcome you to our family." You probably should say something brief and then make a toast at the reception where you can share more of your feelings towards him and the marriage.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bride © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner