Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Would you like to have a wedding like in Father of the Bride?

For those of you who have seen Father of the Bride (the 1991 version), would you like to have a wedding like Annie's?

Do you think it is at all realistic?

What vibe did you get from the movie?

Generally speaking, what is your opinion of the movie and would you ever have a wedding like that?

By the way, this is for a project, just trying to get some opinions. And no... I do NOT want a wedding like that.


I really loved this movie, and thought that type of wedding would be perfect! It would hold such sentimental meaning for me to get married in the same house I grew up in. However, I felt it was extremely unrealistic...after all, who is going to begin tearing down walls in their home, repainting all the walls, get a different landscape for the front yard, etc??? I suppose it was just the movie's way of showing that the father loved his daughter so much, he was willing to completely change his house for the sake of her wedding. I know my father loves me, but couldn't imagine in a million years having him change anything about his house just for my wedding.

No. While I thought it was a cute movie, I don't want a wedding like that because I am not a traditionalist at all and neither is my fiance.

There is absolutely nothing wrong or trashy about getting married in your home. Lots of people have done it and their weddings were quite elegant.

However the film is not realistic. It is Hollywood afterall where *nothing* is realistic. Unless you have the paycheck of Donald Trump, very few people i reality are able to afford full renovations on their homes in addition to the astronomical costs of a wedding.

No, I would not want a wedding like that because I am not the type of person who likes weddings that are at someones house. It is too informal and it is so overdone. The movie was funny, but definitely not the kind of wedding for me. Plus, her shoes! What was she thinking?!! As far as realistic, not really because they pretty much redid their whole house, not many people can afford to do that. The vibe overall was just that it was supposed to be a funny movie about how giving his daughter away is going to be difficult, so in that respect it was realistic. Hope this helped!

I have always liked the movie but the most unrealistic part was that it snowed in San Marino (yeah right..)

But anywho, I don't particularly like the idea of having a wedding at a house, I think you're asking for a disaster by doing that. I didn't really any aspect of Annie's wedding, but thought the movie was funny.

That early 1990's style was really bad... really bad.

This will sound corny but as a 10 yr old all i could talk about was when I got married I wanted that song as they show the church (i'm going to the chapel) at my wedding these days I think back at that and smile who knows I might end up using it somewher on our big day!

I adore the movie (and the sequel). They are hilarious. And no, I would not want a wedding like hers. Too busy, I wouldn't want it at my house, etc.

It's a very funny movie.

But no, I wouldn't want to have a wedding like that. It's insane.

No, I would not like the wedding, but would like the wedding budget!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bride © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner