Monday, August 3, 2009

What does a Bride want from a wedding photographer?

What does a Bride want most from a photographer? List them in importance 1-5.

How much is a Bride willing to spend?


I would say the most meaning full moments. When the bride and groom kiss, the walk down the aisle, the first dance etc. I would say for bridal portraits and the wedding and reception you should not spend more then $1,000. Some photographers try and take you for a ride, but there are honest good ones. These are the moments that I want my photographer to capture.

1.) Kissing the Groom

2.) Exchanging rings

3.) Walking Down the aisle with my dad

4.) First dance with my husband :)

5.) Cutting the cake and smashing it into each others faces lol

Hope this helped. Good Luck

A bride wants . . .

Excellent wedding photos!

She is willing to get the best photographer she can afford.

For photos, I love to look at the Knot's bios. Here is one of my favorites:

http://community.theknot.com/cs/ks/user/default.aspx?UserName=Sophi.the.bride

Many brides also post their photos on the Knot's Wedding Recap message board.

I think the best thing to do is look at other brides' photos . . . and see what you like. Then write up your own "must take" list for the photographer.

Only you know that you want a special picture of Grandma and Great Aunt Sally . . . just for example.

I'd say a bride wants beautiful pictures of her wedding day. a nice portrait of herself, her groom, bride and groom together, her wedding party, cutting the cake, running down the aisle after they've been declared married... just nice memories of her big day!

Price really depends on the couple-what they can afford, and how much the photographer charges.

1) Stay out of the way - This shouldn't need saying, but I've been to weddings where the photographer was walking around during the wedding (reception is ok, but wedding?), beside the pews, between the pews, even in front of the pews. I've also seen a photographer try to pose shots during the wedding.

2) don't harass the guests. The same idiot photographer who stopped the wedding to get a good picture (and kept distracting me with taking pictures during the rest of the wedding) then afterwards asked me to pose during the reception. She already had a shot of me (taken when I was sitting around waiting for the posed photos to be taken).

Aside from that no one cares about anything as long as you're professional - have your terms written out, make sure it's a complete contract, etc.

read this article -- its got a lot of good info on how to pick a good wedding photographer:

http://sophiesfavors.com/wedresources_howtopickaweddingphotographer.htm

.

1. Make sure the photographer you hire is the one who will actually be at the wedding & reception taking the photos. Some photographers will dazzle you with their abilities, then send a replacement photographer for the event instead of themselves. Ask for their portfolio to view photos they have taken.

2. Do a little research online on the potential photographer to make sure they don't have complaints about them.

3. Make sure the cost is reasonable (and proofs are yours whether or not you end up purchasing pictures). You can expect to pay at least a few hundred dollars for a good photographer, but you don't have to pay thousands. Trust your judgment.

4. Does the potential photographer let you choose (ahead of time) the poses etc. you want to take?

5. Do you feel comfortable with the photographer? Nothing would be worse than using a photographer you don't get along with or who doesn't take direction well.

.

.

Congrats and good luck.

1. Quality

2. Capturing every moment - Photojournalist

3. Not in your face - there, but not noticeable

4. Letting you have all the proofs

5. two photographers

I spent 3000 for two photographers all day - from the time my hair was getting done to garter toss. It was well worth it, what do you have of a wedding if there are no pictures? This was the most important thing to me.

In retrospect, there's only one thing... professionalism. Of course that includes courtesy, consideration, and involved.

I wanted a reliable, respected, recommended photographer who's prices weren't outrageous. I got a woman who made me cry within the first hour, who was rude to my videographer (who was a dream, especially next to the photographer!), who even the guests had issues with (she told a guest he couldn't use his camera because it was a "low-grade professional piece" and she was the only one allowed to have professional equipment!).

If it were me I would want pictures that really show how beautiful I look all done up (make up, hair, dress). Sentimental pics are important (something you would want to see in a frame)... think 'awe' type photos. Also find out what is important to her... if she has kids make sure you include them in many photos. Candids are always good too for capturing the memories.

1. Clear pictures

2. Creativity

3. Amazing candids/ not traditionally posed shots as well as some posed shots for the family

4. Negatives on DVD

5. Friendly and unobtrusive, get along with bridal party, specifically bride and groom!

6. Quality prints (my parents had a relative shoot their pictures and they have changed color over the years because they weren't printed correctly!)

My fiance and I are very pleased with the photographer we booked for our July 11, 2009 wedding in CT. Her pictures are amazing and she did ring shots at our first meeting for free! Our engagement session is also included. We are purchasing a modified version of her Storybook package. Her prices start at about $2200 for a 6 hours of photography. I also realize, that being in the northeast, everything is a bit more expensive than the majority of the country. To get an accurate idea of what to expect or charge, you have to research your geographic area!!!

http://www.valmccormick.com/

1. Quality

2. Reliability

3. Fun to work with, someone who doesn't make you feel like all your poses are super stiff and fake.

4. Value

5. Flexibility.

My budget was $1000, we will spend $1300 because we were able to get more value out of the larger package. But I feel that even doing more than $1500 was too much, not just on my pocket book, but that's like paying $150 bucks an hour for just the photographer. I don't get paid $10 an hour!! I'll pay more for prints, but if a photographer wants $150 or more just for his time, thats ridiculous. I'm willing to pay up to $75 an hour, but no more.

Our $1300 package includes bridals and engagements, 6 hours wedding day coverage, $400 print allowance, copyright license and a CD of all the pictures taken.

I have only been to one wedding in my life, so I don't really know how appropriate this is. But at the one I went to, the photographer was walking around taking picture after picture right in the middle of the ceremony. It was very odd and distracting to me; he would get up real close to the bride or groom, and since i was sitting in the front, there were moments when he would stand right in my line of view so I couldn't see the couple at all. Not to mention that he had the flash on! I don't know if that is normal, but I thought it was extremely tacky and pretty embarrassing because everyone was was more focused on the photographer walk back and forth in front of everything.

I would make sure nothing like that happens!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bride © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner