Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Do the bridesmaids enter the chapel to the same song as the bride, or does the bride have a separate song?

I guess what I am asking is - do you use the 1 processional song for the bridesmaids AND the bride, or do you use 2 songs? I have a song picked out, but I think it would be too rushed to get 3 bridesmaids down the aisle and then myself?


well its up to you I guess, it can be done both ways however I think its slightly nicer having the bride enter after the maids have reached their places at the front

I have been to a weddign were the same song was played having the bridesmaids walk down first but then the bride started coming down and no one could get a good look at her as she was hidden behind the bridesmaids

I think I wil have two separate songs 1. so that the above doesnt happen to me and 2. so that I know when its time for me to start walking down the isle but its important to make the music compromise each other unless your doing the march.

good luck

Generally you want to have one song for the processional, if it's a religious wedding. If, instead, you're having a fancy one then go for as many songs as you like. If I had your problem, since I'm having a church wedding I'd make sure that the song was long enough for the entire wedding party and both families.

If it helps, we're going to have the groomsmen and bridesmaids walk in two by two, that should shorten the line. (Since you have an odd number have Best man, groomsmen, Maid of honour, bridesmaids then you and your fiance and parents, etc.)

If your bridesmaids are going in before you then you could pick something soft and instrumental to lead into yours get something that will compliment the opening strains of yours and then walk down the aisle to your own special tune.

I have pondered on whether I want my bridesmaids walking down before me or after me and as the aisle in the church is not that long, I have decided that we will all walk down to our special song but my MOH and bridesmaids first so that more of the song is heard before I appear and I get to reach the alter on the last strains.

Good luck with your wedding.

Usually you use two different songs. The first one is maybe more softer as the bridesmaids walk down, then it changes to something else for the bride. This allows the guests to know that you are about to walk down the aisle. Other wise if it was all one song, the guests wouldn't be sure until they saw you rounding the corner.

Bride gets her own song..it's her day, so her own song..plus it announces to the people in the church/chapel that the bride is about to come so get ready!

Depends on the wedding. You can go either way- these days there isn't any particular rule for the songs you choose, it's up to the people who are getting married.

You can do it either way.

At our wedding, we used the same song. We had four attendants' couples walk before us, then my husband and me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bride © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner