Sunday, September 6, 2009

What to do when people want the bride and groom to kiss at the wedding?

Any suggestions on what to make people do to make the bride and groom kiss at the wedding reception??


They normally kiss when they cut the cake and just randomly. I don't think you have to do anything to make them kiss.

At my wedding we had bells as a favor and anytime someone rang them, we had to kiss. It was cute.

I agree with those above that the money jar is NOT a good idea. My uncle made anyone who wanted he and my aunt to kiss get up and sing a song. The whole table had to stand and sing a song, any song, together. They would kiss as long as everyone was singing. Good thing was, not many people got the whole table to sing. Bad thing was, those that did sang the longest songs they could think of (imagine, "Hurricane")!

I am all for doing something different, but if you put a jar out and told me to add something to make you kiss, I'd put donate all right....just be a little different than you were thinking!

Traditionally, people tap their spoons against there glasses to make the bride and groom kiss.

In my personal opinion, I think a money jar is EXTREMELY tacky. A friend of mine was at a wedding where they did that, and now whenever that wedding comes up, all anybody talks about is the greedy, tacky money jar. Nobody remembers anything nice about the wedding.

I've been to weddings where guests rang bells to have the couple kiss. Another wedding had the guest sing part of a love song to get the couple to kiss. If you have a theme to your wedding, maybe you could work that in. Our wedding is going to be at the zoo, so we're thinking about having people imitate an animal to get us to kiss.

a money tree,

kiss the groom or bride for a dollar.

money dance same as kiss the groom or bride.

better then a jar on the table.

wedding bell on tables

I went to a wedding where we rang bells to have the bride and groom kiss but they were so small you couldnt hear them. It was really cute though. They had a really cute saying on them too, so we actually knew what the bells were for. Just make them bigger. And I agree with everyone else...no money jar. GOOD LUCK

I like the Jar idea but you can also set out little bells with cards attached to them with a cute saying on them. Good Luck!

Nobody will know what the money in the jar is supposed to be about, plus my initial reaction to that was ewww. So, if you invite me to come to your wedding, I buy a new dress, spend the night in a hotel & give you a gift, that's still not sufficient? You want to hit me up for another dollar? I'm sorry, that's a terrible idea, IMO.

This is not something done at weddings in the UK, I've never heard of it, but I would say that a "tip jar" is a bad idea, it amounts to begging, people have already shelled out money to come to the wedding and asking for more money is just not on. If you go with this expect the jar to remain empty.

It is traditional for the wedding guests to tap the dinnerware with a utensil for the bride and groom to kiss, tastefully of course.

I don't want to sound mean but the money jar just sounds like a disgusting idea. A wedding and reception should be a celebration of two people wanting to spend their lives together, not an attempt to make more money.

Wedding guests should not be made to feel as if they are being used to repay for the wedding reception.

If you are worried about the amount of money you are spending, you should not be spending it.

Congratulations and best of luck.

I think the jar sounds way tacky. At my brother's wedding they also had the tables sing to make them kiss, but the song had to include the word "love" in it. Since he and his wife are musicians, they had to do a lot of kissing with all their friends singing to them.

While you may wish to do away with the clinking of glasses, weddings are NOT fundraisers and a tip jar is inappropriate. I read recently that at weddings in the deaf community, people wave their napkins when they wish for the newly married couple to kiss. This is a quiet alternative. You could also try something more festive, like whistles or noisemakers if you don't mind the noise. Of course, nothing really needs to be done at all. And either way you go, someone is bound to clink their glass anyway.

Be creative, but don't ask for handouts.

There are lots of websites out there with creative ideas. I've read about guests having to hula hoop, and the bride and groom will kiss for the amount of time that the guest was able to keep the hula hoop up. That could be dangerous if someone is particularily good at hula hooping though!

My sister had her guests ride a tricycle accross the room. Surprisingly, a lot of people enjoyed that idea and we still have hilarious pictures of that. The trike, though, ended up very broken by the end of the night and my nephew was not happy.

I've also been to a wedding where the bride and groom had trivia questions about themselves written on cards on the tables (different questions for each table) and a guest must answer a question correctly for the bride and groom to kiss. It was fun! They also had a money jar type thing, where they would kiss for 1 second per dollar donated. However, they sponser a child in Africa and the money they raised from it went to sponser the child (they had their MC explain this to all the guests so that there was no confusion or upset about donating money).

My fiance and I are planning to buy one of those little portable putting greens, and if a guest wants us to kiss they have to get a hole in one. It may sound silly, but we know a lot of people in our families will get a kick out of it!

I dont think that would be very appropriate. You could get little bells as either wedding favors or just one for each table and they the guests can ring them.

You are supposed to kiss when the guests hit there coffee cup or plate with there silverware. You keep hitting it until the bride and groom kiss.

tasteful peck. one where people can get pictures and so on. but no tongue. enjoy it.

Some buy little favor bells for each person. And if they want bride and groom to kiss they just ring the bell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bride © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner