Tuesday, September 8, 2009

When do the bride and groom normally leave the wedding reception?

The reception starts at 6 until 12. My fiance and I are planning on leaving before it is over, but do not know what time is a good time. Also are any of you brides past and future change out of your wedding dress into a party dress? I was thinking of doing this also, but don't know if I should. thanks.


Hey there,

I would probably leave somwhere between 11 and 11:30

As for your dress. It's completely up to you. If you want to change out of your dress then do so its your day do it your way. My sister changed out of her dress on her wedding day at the reception because she didn't want to accidentally spill any of her dinner on her dress lol.

I am planning to stay in mine for the whole night because I want all photos the same like cutting the cake and our first dance etc.

My dress is being made for me and will have detatchable train and over layers that will be removeable if I then wish to remove them later on I can and my dress will look a little different but mostly the same. just an idea I came up with. We're planning to have outdoor wedding so don't want my train ruined by walking around outside.

All the best to you.

Usually the bride and groom stay until the end. Most brides will tell you that they wish the day/night lasted longer than it did, so it doesn't really make sense to leave before it ends. No one is going to hang around to party after the couple leaves. So if you intend to leave before then, then the party won't last until 12. It will end whenever you leave.

As far as changing into a different dress for the reception, the majority of women actually don't do that. Wedding dresses are expensive and you only get to wear them once so it just makes sense to wear it as long as you can. Get something that you will want to wear for several hours and can easily move around in. People say that it is extremely common for brides to change into a party dress for the reception but that is not true at all. If anything, it is a rarity unless you are an Asian bride who makes countless dress changes throughout the course of the day/night and actually misses a large portion of the party because she is changing clothes.

I've never been to a wedding where the bride and groom leave before the guests. I didn't know people still did that. I thought that was an older tradition that died out.

Why would you leave your own reception? It's a party in your honor with all your friends and family. It would be somewhat rude to leave. Like I said, in my experiences, the bride and groom are actually the last ones to leave the reception site.

When I get married, I plan on doing the same thing. I want to say goodbye to each and every guest. I also want to savor every moment of my wedding day and my reception. Just think you might miss something fun, at my own reception, because you left early.

As for the dress, I wouldn't change. Your wedding dress is suppose to be a statement, why change? This is your one day to wear a really nice and probably expensive formal type dress and be the most beautiful and stunning women in the room. Why would you change into something less spectacular?

I think that it all depends on what the reception atmosphere will be like. If you know your family is a big partying, or expect to be dancing a lot then you should buy a WHITE party dress and it would definitely be appropriate. My aunt did it, and it worked out very nicely. If you are renting your wedding gown then you should definitely do it. And I think that you should leave around 9 or 10 depending on how close the reception is to wherever you are spending the night. Expect to leave around 10, but you can just go when the party starts dying down.

Usually towards the end - in your case, maybe a half hour before.

Ours went til 1 - and so we left before 12. We had late lunch at 10:30, after the bouquet/garter toss, so after visiting, we had some more dances, then it was time to go. We really didn't have it planned - I was dancing with someone else, and my husband just came and whisked me off the dance floor!

I didn't want to change out of my wedding gown - it was a big, beautiful traditional gown and with only one day to wear it as a bride, I wore it the whole time (bustled for the reception because it had a cathedral train).

I am a bride to be and will be wearing my wedding gown all night and probably will be the last to leave my reception.

This is the one day that you get to wear the dress of your dreams, so I would not change into a party dress. Plus, this is your day to stand out...if you put on a party dress, you'll just look like a guest.

As for leaving the reception early, I guess that all depends on agenda. If you have an early flight to leave on for your honeymoon, then I guess leaving a half hour early would be fine..but I would not leave earlier than that.

I think that is a dated. Traditionally the bride and groom would leave early to "start their marriage." We have a 900 dollar dj playing until 11 and champagne and drinks for the whole night. As far as changing, I will never get to wear my dress again.I will wear that thing until I get to my bed. Why change out of a gorgeous wedding gown and into a party dress like every other girl there?

I've never been to a wedding where the bride & groom left before the end of the reception.

I purposely have scheduled our reception from 4- 10pm because my fiance & I are not night owls and we will stay until 10 when it ends and then we will leave.

And for the dress - its the one day I get to wear that dress so its staying on every minute!

Well, being that my wedding dress was $500 I plan to wear it the whole nite. It is the one and only time I will be wearing that dress (knock on wood) so I want to get my money's worth and memories worth from it.

I think you should set an earlier time for yhe reception to be over, if you're planning on leaving early.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bride © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner