Wednesday, September 9, 2009

When should the bride and groom walk the room at the reception?

My fiance and I are not planning on having a receiving line but plan on "walking the room" to greet our guests that way. When is the best time for us to do that? Please answer soon, my wedding is in two weeks (June 27, 2009)!


What my husband and I did was as soon as we opened the buffet, everyone was kinda already in a receiving line. My husband and I walked the line talking and greeting everyone. Then when we got to the end, the first couple people had sat down and we talked to them.

It really depends on how many people are there. I went to a small wedding last weekend when the bride and groom did their first dance, then walked to a few tables to sit down and talk to people, then they did the father-daughter dance, and went to a few more tables, and so on. It was an outdoor wedding so people weren't dancing. They didn't need to "open the dance floor" as it was just a small stage.

Most people come up to say bye to you when they leave as well, so you'll get a chance to speak to everyone there.

I'm like you--I hate the receiving line. It is just a traffic jam stopping people from leaving the church or getting into the reception. I always feel I'm forced to talk to a groomsmen or bridesmaid who I don't even know simply b/c I happen to be standing in front of them to talk to the bride. No one likes that. It's a great idea to get rid of it.

I'd go around 2 or 3 times through the reception. Near the start, middle, towards the end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bride © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner