Friday, September 11, 2009

Has anyone ever seen a bride and groom fighting on their wedding day?

I know a wedding could be a stressor on a relationship. Has anyone ever seen a couple fighting or cold to each on their wedding day? I would appreciate amusing stories. Thanks.


I left my reception without my husband :)

I have to preface this one by saying that my husband and I hardly ever fight. We of course have disagreements but a fight is pretty rare for us. He's super mellow and so usually it's me freaking out and him smoothing things over. Most of our friends have never seen us argue or not get along...

That being said, we had a lively crowd at our wedding and we were just sort of scrambling at the end of the night to get everyone out and everything loaded into cars and taken home by the 1am end-time for the reception hall. At this point, I was beyond exhausted and definitely testy.

My husband and my little brother decided to forgo helping and sit down to have a "heart to heart" (thank you alcohol) and I got mad at them b/c we were trying to pick up and get out on time and those 2 are in there putzing around.

Our flight was leaving at 6am (bad idea) the next morning so we really needed to get home. I figured I could sit there and rationalize with those 2 hooligans or get a head start so we could get a tiny bit of sleep...so I left with my sister in law and her mom. I tried to get my husband repeatedly but he was not having it until they finished up their discussion. My SIL actually left her husband (my husband's brother) behind too because at some point he joined in on the converation.

My Mother in Law brought them both back to my house, it was hysterical.

The closet I have seen in real life was when my husband and I were going to feed each other cake and he had been threatening to smear it on my face and I told him he better not if he wanted anything that night or for honeymoon. We have one picture where it looks like I am scolding him and he is kinda glaring at me. But he didn't smear it on me! And we had a great honeymoon

nope

just doesnt happen in my boring old family

I haven't seen it personally, but a friend of mine told me about a wedding she went to and saw the couple fighting. I guess the bride told the groom that she did not want the cake thrown in her face, but he did. She waled out very angry, he went after her, and the argued for awhile.

Not fighting per se. But I did go to one wedding where the bride was a sourpuss all day and all night. She wouldn't allow anyone to talk to her or her new husband or take pictures of either of them. Her husband however was all for mingling and being pictures.

I was in a band for a long time. We played receptions, etc.

This one couple had been together for several years - 4 or 5 I would say. They finally decided to marry. Well, they fought and fought all that day. But they went through the motions of the ceremony.

They're no longer married.

I have been married twice(widowed the first time, 5 years into the second) and both times I fought with my husband-to-be the night before. Also questioned whether one or both of us would or should show up for the ceremony but everything worked out for the wedding. I would love to blame the men but as I look back at my track record I guess it must have been me just flipping out because of nerves :) !

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bride © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner