Wednesday, September 9, 2009

How do you feel about the tradition of the bride not seeing the groom before the wedding?

I would like honest opinions about it please. I don't know if it's died down or not but myself, I find it rather stupid.


what is the difference, my husband and i woke up next to each other on the morning of our wedding and well we have been married 3 years nearly - and still happy and have 2 kids. So well i feel that it is up to the couple actually but i dont feel that it is bad luck, my point is - if you are meant to be together, you seeing each other will not make a difference for your fate with each other.

But from a womans point of view i should imagine it does add that little bit more excitment into the day.

I like it, I think it adds that little extra 'oomf' in a wedding. Think about it if you haven't seen your significant other for a few days/weeks/months you get excited to see them again, now imagine it's been a day or so since you last saw them and you get to see your groom in a tux and he gets to see you in your wedding dress when those church doors open. Personally, I think it's romantic.

I think it's a very sweet tradition. My husband and I didn't see each other before our wedding, and both felt it was for the better. He is very sweet and an old fashioned romantic [aren't I lucky ;) ] and so we had our bridesmaids and groomsmen carry messages from each other back and forth, along with our gifts for each other. It was so sweet, and made our wedding day so much more special. Plus, I liked the shock of him seeing me in my dress for the first time when I waled down the aisle.

i think its your own personal choice...Am gettin married in four months and me and my partner r spending the nyt before together..so we will wake up on r wedding day together..Then am going to my mums to get ready..that way he still wont c wot i look like in my dress until the actual ceremony..Am not one for tradition.I believe that if 2 people are meant to be together waking up togther on your wedding day isnt going to give you bad luck.

We didn't follow this.....my husband and I had an evening ceremony with the reception immediately following. I didn't want to miss any of the party, so we did all of our photos before the ceremony! It was great! and it didn't take anything away from seeing each other as I walked down the aisle!

It's a TRADITION. My god! Yes, people still do it. But I feel like, if you're having sex or living together before you're married, what does it matter? It's a tradition that has been occuring for hundreds of years. You make your own wedding though. If that's not something you want to do, then don't be traditional.

its traditional for the groom to see the bride and visa versa. just like it SHOULD be traditional for two people to save themselves til after marriage....but we all know how that goes down the drain these days... i guess im just more traditional than the next person....plus i think its cute.

It's just a tradition passed down through the years. And, who started it to begin with? LOL

You should do what feels comfortable to you. (My husband and I saw each other before our wedding and we've been married for almost 29 years!)

It is still a custom in India to some extend - the parents choose a partner for the son or daughter .It has advantages but as for me - no way my mother was a good woman but to choose a partner for me ?

Absolutely NOT.

I think it's great and not because it's tradition. It makes it that much more special when the big day finally comes and you will be so glad that you did it. You will take his breath away!

I like it. We are not seeing each other the night before until the ceremony. The suspense will be awesome.

I think it is sweat. I'm more concerned with him not seeing the dress. He plans to spend the night before our wedding at a friends house as we live together.

The groom should not see the bride and I like it!

I like it

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bride © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner