Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Why would a person wear a wedding gown type dress to a wedding when she is not the bride?

This is my best friend and the Step Mother of the bride to be, HELP!! do I tell her or is she totally aware of what she is doing? It is a taupe dress w/ a lace shrug and is to the floor, It is an evening affair. dressy am I being paranoid?


Some people feel much more strongly about this than others - and the person who's opinion matters most here is the bride (I don't mean yours doesn't, but if the bride is ok with it then I guess it's ok).

Ask your friend if the bride knows what her gown is like and if she says 'yes' then assume that the bride is ok with it.

If she says no, suggest she show her and if asked why just be honest and tell her your concerns.

Some people I know would do this on purpose, others not - so it's hard to tell. One of my FBMs keeps showing me really OTT gowns she likes for her BM dress and even suggested a very pale silvery-ivory colour. I had to nip THAT in the bud there and then! If you feel she is doing this to be the attention then I agree it's inappropriate, but there isn't much you can do other than talk to her directly.

Good luck

If you have doubts this strongly, then the dress is probably inappropriate. Do you have link to a picture of the dress you can show us?

She is probably aware of what she is doing. Why dont you remind her that everyone will see her in a bad light, and they will think she is trying to upstage the bride. She will make a fool of herself and hurt the bride.

She either

Doesn't like her stepdaughter-to-be and is trying to outshine her,

Is trying to relive her wedding day or

Has absolutely no idea what she's doing

If she is an understanding sort of person then just tell her. Otherwise drop her some hints about "I hope your dress doesn't get mixed up with (Bride's name)'s dress" or about stealing the limelight.

Hope the wedding is great.

That doesnt sound like the brides gown. If it is a bridal gown, only a jealous and selfish person would do that to another bride. However, her dress sounds like a normal MOB dress. my mom is wearing a long silver dress that is strapless. SHe has a lace shrug with crystal to adorn it. Its a $800 dress! Just $300 less than mine. I love it and shes not trying to outshine me. Its a big day for her too. Her only daughter is getting married and she wants to look nice! As long as shes not wearing white or ivory, who cares?

I have actully seen a lot of mothers in taupe, champagne or gold. If the bride is in white...there will most likely not be any kind of problem. Usually the bride knows what the mother is wearing. Ask her if the daughter picked out the outfit, if not, ask her if she has seen it and "okay'd the dress".

Well it is not white so that helps. This person is making a bid for attention and everyone will see it for just what it is. Ignor her to the best of your ability and just go on with your day. No one is gonna mistake her for the bride

I don't understand the problem at all. Why do you care what anyone else wears? Especially when it's a taupe dress with a lace shrug? Probably the least flashy thing ever

I would ask her if she has asked her step daughter if she approves of the dress, she could be seen in a bad light as trying to upstage the bride.

Its her personal choice.u carry on with ur plans.a bride looks like a bride whatsoever others wear.

The description alone doesn't even remotely sound like a wedding dress. Everyone will know who the bride is. I don't see this an issue at all.

All the weddings I have gone to I have worn floor length gowns/ evening balls. I honestly don't see the big deal, as long as she is not wearing white.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bride © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner