Thursday, September 10, 2009

What color should mother of bride and groom wear?

My wedding colors are canary yellow and ivory. I am trying to figure out what colors would look good for my mom and future mother in law. They wanted to wear champagne but I just read on a website that mothers should avoid wearing white, ivory, or champagne which are in the same color family. And my dress is ivory so they can't wear that anyway. Please give advice. My wedding is April 18.


for my siblings weddings my mom had a lit pink dress a lt green one, and a dark like silver color kinda it was really nice but a wierd color

avoid RED , and lt colors they should wear dark or go opposite of wht and yellow.

i like a pink / peachy color or a light lilac color.

My wedding colors were brown and aqua. My mom and mother in law both wore brown. I think it was neat to have them wear one of my colors, and I like it when other people do that, but I know some people don't think it's a good idea for some reason. I guess you could have them wear yellow or something that contrasts, or you can just have them wear ivory. It doesn't really matter what some website says, especially if that's what you want them to wear!

Let them wear something they will feel comfy in. If they pick something and you really don't like it then suggest something else. Canary yellow is a bright color, I wouldn't feel comfy wearing that at all. I'm not sure if you ever watch this but on an episode of bridezilla i believe the grooms mom was crazier then the bride. the brides maids wore black dresses, the grooms mom decided to wear a BRIGHT red dress. it was like an evening gown! it looked terrible. So be careful. But I think they should pick what they want. just make sure you can ask them to pick something else if you really hate what they wear.

Good Luck.

yeah basically no one should be wearing any solid white or whitish color except you. and you're the bride so you call the shots! how about clover or sage green? that might look nice with yellow. you shouldn't put them in the same color but like a lighter version of 1 of your wedding colors. I think most people have 3 wedding colors, you could do yellow ivory and lavender for example, then one of the mothers could wear a dark hue of purple and the other could wear a light green. looks nice in my head!

Aww, similar colors to my wedding! I was married last August. Anyways, My colors were shades of yellow and white. I put the girls in dresses by Jordan..the color was called Maize. My mom wore a light yellow dress. It coordinated with the BMs, but didn't match. My MIL wore a gray/silver dress. I wasn't too happy about that color, but it did look good on her- she has gray hair, so it matched (it matched her personality, too.) So long as they are comfortable in it, I guess.

I wouldn't bother worrying about what a website says. If you want them to wear champagne, have them wear champagne! I think it would be beautiful.

my mother wore black @ my sisters wedding. My sister had a black & white wedding so my mother matched the wedding party. i'd suggest to not do that. My sister was very unhappy with my mother for wearing the same color. I would chose a color that looks good on their skin. You know makes them look pretty. lol. just not anything white or the colors you have in your party. they could wear a aqua, or seanfoam green or a blue all these colors would look good.

I guess this all depends on how laid back you are about the wedding. My mother-in-law is wearing champagne, and I couldn't care less. Her dress looks great. Just remind yourself that it doesn't really matter what they wear or how they do their hair... everyone will be looking at YOU anyway :)

If you'd like you could have them wear the canary yellow, to keep in the color scheme. I'm getting married April 4th and that's what my mom is doing..another great place to research things like this is brides.com. They have tons of information you might find helpful and it's all free.

In my opinion, nothing is "wrong" if YOU like it. If you don't care if they wear champagne, let them go for it! If you'd prefer something different, well of course that's your preference but you shouldn't let "convention" dictate to you.

Yeah IMO champagne is way to close to white/ ivory. Let them know how you feel about that. Purple is a complimentary color to yellow so that would be great for the mom of the bride and groom. Blue also looks great with yellow.

I got married on April 17th back in 1999... kinda close to your date.. anyways, my mother wore champagne. Some people thought it was wrong, but I said it was okay - and hey it's my wedding, so it was okay with me!

Any color they like so long as the colors don't clash with or overpower each other or the bridesmaids' dresses.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bride © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner