Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What type of earring should a bride wear on her wedding day?

I'm getting married in less than a year and would like to wear earrings. I'm just having trouble figuring out if I should wear pearl or diamonds. I want to keep it simple so I don't want to wear both but rather just one of them. My fellow ladies-married or not-please help a bride to be out! Thanks in advance.


One that doesn't get stuck in your partners mane:

they take forever to lick out.

First, do you have your gown yet? Some gowns have beading on them, either in pearl or crystal (sometimes both), in which case you would want to choose earrings that coordinate with the embellishment on your dress.

Second, is your gown ivory or white? Pearl coordinates well with ivory because of its creamy tone, while diamonds are well-suited to a bright white.

Third, do you plan to wear other jewelry? A necklace or bracelet? You'll want to coordinate your earrings with those pieces as well.

In the end, it's really just a matter of preference. Pearl or diamond studs are both classic, elegant, and tasteful. You honestly can't go wrong with either one.

Decide on your jewelery when you have picked out a dress - it's mainly depends on the cut of your dress in the chest area - if it's a sweetheart neckline (with a small "v") then wear a drop necklace with diamonds - if you're having a rounded neckline (or square) then go with a rounded pearl necklace with matching earings. =)

That is entirely up to you since everyone has their own preferences. I have never heard of there being any rule as to what kind of jewelry a bride could wear, and I imagine that even if there was (which there isn't) there would be millions of brides around the world breaking that rule. Wear whatever you can afford and feel beautiful in.

Well if I were you I would wait until I got my dress to decide. If you dress has sequins or beading, it will either clash with your earrings or totally make them pop. Pearls are more understated, but small diamonds can be very nice too.

Just remember, you want people to notice the bride, not her jewelry. An elegant and light touch will have more of a classy and timeless look, so keep it relatively small and well suited to the dress itself.

alot of wedding dresses include pearl design embellishments. of course, if your dress is like this, or has any kind of embroidery, lace, etc... pearls would probably be best. if you have a dress with a classic simple cut, or solid fabric without design, diamonds would be better. they will draw attention to your face. a detailed dress coupled with diamonds could look too busy.

I wore both--I have 3 holes in each ear, and I wore my mother's pearls in the first, my MIL diamonds in the second, and the diamonds that my now husband had given me in the last. They were all studs, so nothing dangling or distracting. Wear whichever matches your dress better. My dress had sparkles and pearls on it, which is why I went for both.

co-ordinate your jewellery with your dress. if your dress is quite simple, then spruce it up with some nice diamond earrings. if your dress is quite full on, e.g lots of layers, floral patterns etc..you dont want to over due it by also making your jewellery stand out, so pearls would be a better option.

either way whatever option you choose, keep the earrings not to long, but a nice height and simple.

hope i helped.

Pretty much anything you want: I have seen alot of brides wear Pearls. Congratulations! Depending on the color of what you are wearing (you know like some brides now wear color with their gowns (they have a splash of color on the gown - like ruby red or sapphire blue) so if something like that is the case you could wear ruby or sapphire color earings. It is all up to you and what you think looks good. Good Luck.

If I were you I wouldnt wear anything that is going to take all the attention off the dress.

Something small maybe diamonds or pearls. depends what type of dress you are wearing. Pick out the dress first and then see what you think looks best.

Surely with all the planning that a wedding comes with, your earings should be somewhere at the bottom of your list of priorities.

I think that it depends on your dress. If you dress is ivory, I would go with pearls. If your dress is white, I would go with diamonds.

Also, if your dress has any detailing on it - some sparkle/rhinestones - go with the diamond studs. But if it has more pearl like details, go with the pearls.

Hope this helps!

pear earring~http://www.kanaccasjewelry.com/home.php?cat=59

or some fashion earring just like these~http://www.kanaccasjewelry.com/home.php?cat=155

maybe you also need some wedding accessories...

http://www.kanaccasjewelry.com/home.php?cat=127

or jewelry set ~http://www.kanaccasjewelry.com/home.php?cat=106

and this online store combine shipping....i bought some form them ago...really good..hope it can help you~:)

I would suggest diamonds, especially if you're going with a traditional white gown. If the gown has more of an ivory/ off-white tone to it you may want to consider peals just because it'll look very classy and elegant.

Whatever you want to wear. I wore pearl but it was because I had an antique lace dress. I think if you have a more modern design, you'd want to go for the less traditional and sharper looking diamond.

What type of necklace and/or bracelet are you wearing? If you're wearing a diamond (or cubic zirconia) necklace, wear diamond earrings. If You're wearing a pearl necklace or bracelet, wear pearl earrings.

diamonds will be shinny and shimmering. it will be also nice to wear big pearls or other gems. but, it will depend on your other accessories....depends which will really match.

btw, congratulations to your wedding! =)

Depends on the dress. If you have pearls in the dress, wear pearls. If you don't, and/or if the dress has low shoulders, then a tasteful diamond would be nice.

How about these?

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/10k-White-Gold-Cultured-Freshwater-Pearl-Drop-Earrings/2904716/product.html

I would wear either pearls or possibly family heirloom earrings that are simple, beautiful, and have sentimental value.

It depends on her dress and veil. If it would look better then accent with diamond studs... It pearls would look better then accent with pearl studs.

Diamonds or cubic sercomium (hey they look the same) not to big though keep it classy

I think I personally would wear diamonds!

Good luck choosing!!

Diamond studs.Classy.

I'd go for like a pearl stud, or something that dangles a little bit. You don't want something that will get caught up with the veil or your hair or anything.

Diamonds !!!!!!!

anything with diamonds in

don't wear hoops, it ruins the whole 'bridal' effect

Pearl or diamond studs. Nothing that hangs cause it takes away from the veil and dress. Something small.

i say pearls to match the pearl necklace.

i don't have my ears pierced so i am wearing none.

Pearls or Diamond studds... with an updo... i dont like dangling earrings on a bride unless they are simple... you DONT want to take away... but add to the dress and hair.. CONGRATS!

i would wear a simple diamond earring. U dont want ur earrings to be huge and make a lot of attention.

Wow, this is inane.

Okay, I didn't wear earrings, and I sure as hell didn't spend MONTHS trying to figure it out.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I wore a simple diamond stud earring with pearls that my grandmother let me borrow. So I used a beautiful piece of jewelry and fulfilled the something borrowed wedding tradition.

Post a Comment

 

Bride © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner